Transportation Showcase and Public Forum (free event)Download Public Forum Brochure
Attend a transportation showcase and public forum event that features plug-in hybrid vehicles (PHEV) and other eco-friendly transportation options. Visit a variety of display exhibits, experience a plug-in hybrid vehicle ride and drive, attend forums where you can hear presentations and ask questions from leading experts, browse student posters, visit alternative fuel vehicles on display and see how you can be part of the solution. The showcase and public forum are free and will be held November 1 and 2 at the Winnipeg Convention Centre from 9:00am to 5:00pm. Donation to Winnipeg Harvest will be accepted.
Schedule at a glance (Winnipeg Convention Center Only)printer friendly version
|Start||Interactive Forums||Exhibit Displays||PHEV Ride & Drive||Student Posters|
|Time||Nov 1 only||Nov 2 only||Nov 1 & 2||Nov 1 & 2||Nov 1 & 2|
|9:00||Informative displays and exhibits by eco-friendly transportation companies, utilities, governments and universities||Have the opportunity to ride or drive in a PHEV inside the Convention Centre||Student posters on sustainability from University of Manitoba, University of Winnipeg, University of Brandon and Red River College.
Download poster call out here...
|10:00||RRVCCC: "Sustainable Transportation: What you can do"|
|11:00||City of Winnipeg: “Update on Sustainable Transportation Initiatives”|
|1:00pm||High School Students: "What is a PHEV?"|
|2:00pm||Main event: PHEV Public Forum-Q&A with Leading North American PHEV Experts|
The showcase and public forum is open to all, free of charge (donation to Winnipeg Harvest will be accepted) and includes:
- Main Event: PHEV Showcase & Forum (Convention Centre Friday 2:00 to 4:00)
Presentations by PHEV2007 invited guest speakers describing how they see the future of sustainable transportation. Guest speakers will answer questions from the audience. This forum will provide the chance for the public to understand the role of PHEV in sustainable transportation and interact with PHEV world leaders. (Open to all)
PHEV Forum Moderator: Chelsea Sexton, Plug-in America
PHEV Forum Panelists:
- Felix Kramer, Founder California Cars Initiative
- Andy Frank, UCDavis
- Dan Eberle, American Solar Challenge
- Ali Emadi, Illinois Institute of Technology
- Ricardo Bazzarella, Hymotion
- Other Public forums:
- Red River Valley Clean Cities Coalition presentation: "Sustainable Transportation: What you can do". Come and learn about current state of the art vehicles and what the public can do to improve sustainability in transportation. (Open to all)
- Local Success Story: "Adopting hybrid vehicles". A review of hybrid cars by fleet users in Winnipeg and hybrid government programs. (Open to all)
- Presentation to local high school students: "What is a PHEV?" by a leading PHEV expert in simple language. (Open to all)
- Transportation display exhibits from PHEV companies and stakeholders
- A123 Systems
- Innovative Hydrogen Solutions Inc.
- Manitoba Hydro
- New Flyer
- Red River Valley Clean Cities Coalition Winnipeg Chapter
- University of Manitoba
- and many more...
- PHEV ride and drive: PHEV vehicles will be available for test driving to PHEV2007 conference attendees who have registered to test drive vehicles and to winners of ride and drive tickets that will have been given through the media.
- Student posters on sustainable energy systems will be displayed by students, government organizations and local companies. Students are encouraged to present their research work in sustainable areas during this public forum. To participate and present a poster during this forum please contact the public and student forum coordinator, Jeremy Langner or download call for posters brochure here...
- Silent auction for battery powered products courtesy of Electrovaya
- Networking area with pre-arranged meetings with PHEV stakeholders